Monday, June 1, 2009

Fleas and Birthdays


This last weekend was busy, busy, busy!
Saturday I got together with my BFF Jeanne (http://jeanne-justjeanne.blogspot.com/) and we went to the weekly flea market in Princeton, WI. It was fun to spend a whole day together. We met in Lodi, then drove together. The market was fun! I didn't buy anything too exciting, just a cute little hand-painted plate (left) and some spice mixes. Jeanne bought some neat things, too. I can't mention all of them, as one is a surprise for one of her family members who may just be reading this (I doubt it, but ya never know). We also managed to hit a couple of browsing shops, and two quilt shops on the way back to Lodi. The weather was wonderful, and it was a great day!

Sunday Tom and I went for a short bike ride. Boy am I out of shape! We rode around the neighborhood, which I discovered is quite hilly. Ugh. But--I made it--and I only had to stop once on the long slow hill on eastbound Loomis Rd. south of Grange. I haven't ridden in over two years, thanks to my bad back. So this was exciting!
After that we had breakfast out in the yard--Tom made delicious pancakes.

Then we got all cleaned up and drove down to Evanston, IL, to help celebrate the birthday of one of our dear friends, Mike, along with his wife, Mari-ann and another friend, George. We all met at Mike and Mari-ann's house and took a limo ride downtown to have dinner at Trader Vic's, an old school Chicago restaurant. The ride was very fun, the food and drinks were fab, and the company was top-notch. (The birthday boy is on the right.)


I even survived the two tiki cocktails I had! And this pair of Tiki salt-n-peppers found their way into my purse! They must have a mind of their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment